06 February 2011

you've heard of st. croix?

this morning dad humored me by letting me practice my omelet making skills. i made us white cheddar cheese and chorizo omelets, accompanied by sourdough bread toast with raspberry jam (dad) and almond butter (me). the omelets were golden on the outside and soft and moist on the inside (the ballymaloe way). and they tasted good to quite good, if i don't say so myself! :)

now i'm attempting to make almond butter cookies. i found this simple recipe for peanut butter cookies and am just substituting the almond butter for the peanut butter. they are sitting in the fridge for the next 15 minutes and then i'll start baking them.

back to ballymaloe this afternoon. week five starts tomorrow. week five!! my! my! time flies!

1 comment:

  1. I also made an omelet with chorizo this morning. It was good, but I'll bet yours was better!

    ReplyDelete